When I was a kid, there was a feature in the Chicago Tribune Magazine in which minor celebrities would share some of their must-have stuff. I generally didn’t know who any of the people were and sometimes the stuff they loved was just really stupid to my mind. (Like, who really needs pink-and-gold rhinestone lampshades? This is a must-have? Really?) Not trying to yuck anyone’s yum, but, obviously, *my* favorite things are way cooler!
Well, here’s my chance to tell you all about my “must-have stuff!” And here’s your opportunity to read all about them! Aren’t you thrilled?
- Special Effects Hair Dye in Iguana Green
It is the most vibrant and long-lasting dye I’ve ever tried!
2. Vanilla Latte from Collectivo Coffee (Milwaukee)If you’re ever in Milwaukee, stop off at Collective Coffee. Their lattes are beautiful and their gingersnap cookies are amazing!
3. Kittens in a Blender card gameSounds horrifying, right? Well, it kind of is. The object of the game is to keep your cats out of the blender while trying to turn your opponent’s cats into meow smoothies.
4. The Princess Bride film“Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles…” I am not ashamed to admit I’ve seen this movie over 500 times.
5. The Outsiders by S.E. HintonMy sister gave me this book when I was in sixth grade. I read it so many times, the pages fell out. It’s no longer my favorite story, but there will always be a soft spot in my heart for Ponyboy Curtis.
6. SunflowersMy mother loved sunflowers. The summer after she passed away, sunflowers started growing in the front yard.
7. Russian Blue catsHow could you not love this face?
8. Good Earth soy lotion in Sweet Basil VanillaI love this scent. It’s sweet without smelling like you just rolled in powdered sugar. It’s earthy without smelling like your grandad’s cologne. The scent also comes in soap and deodorant.
9. Juicy Pear Jelly Belly jelly beansMy sister says they taste like grass. I think they taste like heaven.
10. Bernat Mosaic Yarn in CalypsoSo much rainbow-y goodness!